- Welcome bonus in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda & Zambia
- Regular football jackpot
- Android app
- No welcome bonus in Ghana & Nigeria
- No iOS app
- No livestreaming
Thrilling pan-African betting experience: review of SportyBet
Another wolf in the pack of emerging pan-African online bookmakers, the sports betting site named SportyBet welcomes players from half a dozen countries of Africa: Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. There is no doubt the company is set to expand!
There are great mobile betting options, including the SportyBet app (APK) for Android and an adaptive mobile website version. This online bookie offers a jackpot and betting bonuses for new and existing players. The registration procedure on SportyBet is easy, and afterwards you can deposit, place bets and withdraw winnings with popular payment methods.
Read this SportyBet review on Takebet India and learn right away how to create an account online, deposit and withdraw money, place bets and check ticket ID, play jackpots and win more often.
All about SportyBet: head office, owners, net worth
So what is SportyBet, you ask? To begin with, this is a sport betting platform in Africa founded in 2012. The head office of the company has since been situated in Spring Valley Business Park, Nairobi, Kenya. By 2021, there were over 200,000 sports bettors playing here.
Well, who owns the company then? The founder, CEO and the owner of SportyBet is Sudeep Dalamal Ramnani, an Indian national who resides in the United Kingdom. Along with online sports betting, Sudeep Ramnani invests his capital in mobile money wallets and financial tech.
The official website address of the bookmaker is www.sportybet.com. Local versions for different countries are offered through a selector on their starting page:
- Ghana — www.sportybet.com/gh/
- Kenya — www.sportybet.com/ke/
- Nigeria — www.sportybet.com/ng/
- Tanzania — www.sportybet.com/tz/
- Uganda — www.sportybet.com/ug/
- Zambia — www.sportybet.com/zm/
The languages of the bettingsite include English and, for Kenya and Tanzania, Swahili.
|Welcome offer||150-300% first deposit bonus and/or registration free bet|
|Deposit options||Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money, MTN MoMo, Vodafone Cash, M-Pesa, Vodacom, debit or credit card, bank transfer|
|Withdrawal options||Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money, MTN MoMo, Vodafone Cash, M-Pesa, Vodacom, bank transfer|
|Currency||GHS (Ghana), KES (Kenya), NGN (Nigeria), TZS (Tanzania), UGX (Uganda), ZMW (Zambia)|
|Sports||Football, basketball, tennis, ice hockey, eSports, MMA, cricket, rugby, table tennis, American football, baseball, badminton, beach volley, boxing, volleyball, handball, darts, futsal|
|SMS betting||Yes (Kenya only)|
|Support email@example.com (Ghana), firstname.lastname@example.org (Kenya), email@example.com (Nigeria), firstname.lastname@example.org (Tanzania), email@example.com (Uganda), firstname.lastname@example.org (Zambia)|
|Support tel||0540134222 (Ghana), 0207640825 (Kenya), 07008888888 & 09088999988 (Nigeria), 0964593703 (Zambia)|
Reputation and sponsorship deals
This company is among well-established and highly reputable African sport betting sites. It has over 10 years in existence and is duly regulated in every country of operation:
- SportyBet Ghana is licensed according to the Gaming Act, 2006 (Act, 721) by the Gaming Commission of Ghana.
- SportyBet Kenya holds the license №0000269 given by the Kenyan BCLB.
- SportyBet Nigeria obtained the license №0001014 from the Nigerian NLRC.
- SportyBet Tanzania has its trading name designated as Marawin Ltd and holds the license №1277 provided by the Gaming Board of Tanzania.
- SportyBet Uganda is officially named Taichi Casino Ltd and is regulated according to the Section 27 of the 2016 Lotteries and Gaming Act, under the supervision of the Ugandan National Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board.
- SportyBet Zambia owns the license #0000863 provided by the Zambian Lottery and Betting Control Board according to the national Betting Control Act.
The company is known for big sponsorships. In March 2022, the SportyBet and Real Madrid partnership contract was signed and made public, making the bookie an official betting partner for the Galacticos in Africa. This Real Madrid sponsorship deal is designed as a multi-year one.
Opening account online and by SMS with SportyBet
Signing up for SportyBet is easy. You will need a local mobile telephone number only.
You must be 18 years old or over in order to open an account for sports betting on SportyBet, with the exception of Uganda where a sports bettor must have at least 25 full years of age.
Follow these steps to create an account to play online with SportyBet:
- Visit the betting website and tap REGISTER.
- Fill in your mobile phone number and come up with a password.
- Hit CREATE ACCOUNT to request your registration. Provide a verification OTP number (one-time password) that will be sent to validate your phone number.
In Kenya, there is a way to complete registration via SMS for SportyBet offline:
- Forward an SMS to the number 29123 with ANY of the following four words (don’t use more than one): JOIN, REGISTER, SIGNUP or ACCEPT.
- Get your password and a PIN code in a reply to your text message.
If you happen to forget your PIN, restore it via SMS in Kenya by texting PIN to 29123.
After registration, people often ask how to check their customer ID. Log in to SportyBet and proceed to “My Account”. Then access the “My Account (Me) Info” and tap on “Profile”.
Account verification (KYC and AML)
The company reserves its right to request a verification of any account. This is done in accordance with KYC (“know your customer”) and AML (anti-money laundering policy).
Usually one is able to deposit and even to make a bet, but upon a big enough win or your first withdrawal of money, SportyBet requests to provide them with identity papers and financials.
The following documents may be asked of you:
- Copy of your passport, ID card or a driver’s license.
- Proof of the address, which may include the company sending you a verification letter.
- Bank statement.
Payments to and from this online bookmaker are basically done with mobile money or banks. Mind: the sportsbook reserves its right to provide wallet operators and banking establishments with your personal data to validate your ownership of those payment methods and other info.
Multiple bonus offers and free bets explained
At the time of writing this review on Takebet India, our experts have spotted different welcome bonuses for new players in most of the countries and other promo offers, including an accumulator (multiple) bonus, an odds boost and more. Available offers depend on your country.
Let’s review how to get a bonus both for new and existing SportyBet customers!
Multibet bonus: up to 1,000% on winning accumulators
The universal accumulator offer of SportyBet provides a bonus spanning from 3% to 1,000% on top of any winnings from multi bets. These are withdrawable cash bonuses.
To get a shot at a minimum multibet bonus of 3%, include as low as two selections to your accumulator! Mind that every leg included into an acca must have odds of 1.20 or higher.
Welcome bonus: first deposit match offer (Karibu Gifts)
The most common bonus for new players is the first deposit offer. It is a match bonus promotion: 300% for Kenya, but 150% for Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. None for other states.
There is a maximum bonus amount one can get, that differs by country:
- Kenya — 1,500 KES
- Tanzania — 15,000 TZS
- Uganda — 30,000 UGX
- Zambia — 300 ZMW
Only the very first deposit counts, meaning you must top up in a single transaction.
Here is how to claim a welcome bonus for your first deposit on SportyBet:
- Create a new account via the registration form.
- Top up your account with the appropriate first deposit to get free bet gifts.
- Wager on actual sports (not virtuals) with odds of 3.15 or over.
Free bets are activated in a sequential order and in a limited period of time. You can place bets after bonus activation. Mind that only one separate free bet is allowed per betslip!
Here are the terms and conditions for the welcome offer in Kenya (Karibu Gifts):
- Plan A: deposit 100 KES to get a 300 KES bonus in six days — free bets of 15 KES (five items) and 25 KES (3x3 items).
- Plan B: deposit 200 KES to get a 600 KES bonus in seven days — free bets of 25 KES (2x3 items) and 50 KES (3x3 items).
- Plan C: deposit 300 KES to get a 900 KES bonus in 10 days — free bets of 25 KES (four items) and 50 KES (2x3 items and 2x5 items).
- Plan D: deposit 500 KES to get a 1500 KES bonus in 12 days — free bets of 50 KES (2x4 items) and 100 KES (five items and 2x3 items).
Below are the terms and conditions for the welcome bonus in Tanzania:
- Plan A: deposit 1,000 TZS to get a 1,500 TZS bonus in seven days — free bets of 200 TZS (two items), 300 TZS (two items) and 500 TZS (one item).
- Plan B: deposit 2,000 TZS to get a 3,000 TZS bonus in seven days — free bets of 200 TZS (two items), 250 TZS (two items), 300 TZS (two items), 350 TZS (two items) and 400 TZS (two items).
- Plan C: deposit 5,000 TZS to get a 7,500 TZS bonus in seven days — free bets of 400 TZS (three items), 500 TZS (three items), 600 TZS (two items), 800 TZS (two items) and 1,000 TZS (two items).
- Plan D: deposit 10,000 TZS to get a 15,000 TZS bonus in seven days — free bets of 600 TZS (four items), 800 TZS (four items), 1,000 TZS (four items), 1,200 TZS (two items) and 1,500 TZS (two items).
Find out the terms and conditions of the welcome promotion in Uganda:
- Plan A: deposit 1,000 UGX to get a 1,500 UGX bonus in six days — free bets of 300 UGX (three items) and 600 UGX (one item).
- Plan B: deposit 5,000 UGX to get a 7,500 UGX bonus in seven days — free bets of 400 UGX (two items), 500 UGX (two items), 600 UGX (two items), 800 UGX (two items) and 1,000 UGX (two items).
- Plan C: deposit 10,000 UGX to get a 15,000 UGX bonus in seven days — free bets of 600 UGX (four items), 800 UGX (four items), 1,000 UGX (four items), 1,200 UGX (two items) and 1,500 UGX (two items).
- Plan D: deposit 20,000 UGX to get a 30,000 UGX bonus in nine days — free bets of 800 UGX (four items), 1,200 UGX (four items), 1,500 UGX plus 2,000 UGX (two items), 2,500 UGX (two items), 3,500 UGX (two items) and 4,000 UGX (one item).
The following are the terms and conditions of the welcome offer in Zambia:
- Plan A: deposit 10 ZMW to get a 15 ZMW bonus in seven days — free bets of 2 ZMW (3x1 items) and 3 ZMW (one item and 1x2 items).
- Plan B: deposit 50 ZMW to get a 75 ZMW bonus in nine days — free bets of 5 ZMW (2x1 items), 10 ZMW (2x1 items), 20 ZMW (one item) and 25 ZMW (one item).
- Plan C: deposit 100 ZMW to get a 150 ZMW bonus in nine days — free bets of 5 ZMW (2x2 items), 10 ZMW (one item and 1x2 items) and 25 ZMW (2x2 items).
- Plan D: deposit 200 ZMW to get a 300 ZMW bonus in nine days — free bets of 10 ZMW (two items), 20 ZMW (2x2 items), 25 ZMW (2x2 items) and 50 ZMW (two items).
Ready to go? Claim your bonus activation now!
Free bet bonus for registration
In some countries, the company provides a free bet upon a new player registering an account.
This SportyBet bonus for a new registration equals:
- Tanzania — 200 TZS
- Uganda — 400 UGX
- Zambia — 2 ZMW
Mind that only new unique customers can claim this bonus.
Referral bonus (Rafiki Gifts)
Registered players get rewards when referring a new customer who deposits and bets. At the time of writing this review, the referral bonus offer of SportyBet was available to Kenya and Zambia. In other countries, there was no way of getting a referral code at the time of writing.
In Kenya, your referral bonus equals 50 KES. In Zambia, it equals 20 ZMW. For you to get a gift, your friend must register with a unique referral code or a link from the SportyBet website, then place a minimum bet stipulated by the bookie with particular minimum odds.
One Cut Still Win bonus feature
There is a permanent promotion that lets you get some money back or even become profitable from a lost multibet if only one selection fails you. SportyBet calls it “One Cut Still Win”.
The feature is integrated into the betslip through the “Cut One” checkbox. It becomes available with at least two selections (events) being included into the bet slip. The more events you add and the higher risk you take, the bigger returns you get with the “one game cut” bonus!
Follow these steps on using the “One Cut Still Win” promotion:
- Sign in to your account with the bookmaker.
- Select at least a couple of legs for your multibet.
- Check the “One Cut” box.
- Study the overall potential win and the “Still Win” amount, with the latter being what you get when losing an accumulator because of only one failed selection.
- Tap on PLACE BET if you are content with the selection.
Be aware: the promo makes your possible returns for a completely won accumulator lower.
All payment methods on offer
When the registration is done and dusted, the next step towards online play is making a deposit. Only after that you can place bets online, claim most of the bonuses and withdraw winnings.
Depending on the country, SportyBet offers mobile money wallets and/or banking options for payment. A money withdrawal is usually made via the same method one has used to deposit.
Below is the table with all SportyBet deposit and withdrawal options by country.
|Ghana||Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money, MTN MoMo, Vodafone Cash||Mobile money|
|Nigeria||Debit or credit card, bank transfer||Bank transfer|
|Tanzania||Airtel Money, Tigo Pesa, Vodacom||Mobile money|
|Uganda||Airtel Money, MTN MoMo||Mobile money|
|Zambia||Airtel Money, MTN MoMo||Mobile money|
Betting account currency
There is only the national currency available for a SportyBet account:
- Ghana — Ghanaian cedi (GHS)
- Kenya — Kenyan shilling (KES)
- Nigeria — Nigerian naira (NGN)
- Tanzania — Tanzanian shilling (TZS)
- Uganda — Ugandan shilling (UGX)
- Zambia — Zambian kwacha (ZMW)
Get funding deposit done on SportyBet
All players of SportyBet are offered mobile money methods to deposit with, except for Nigerians who are all about online banking. Below you will find SportyBet deposit methods for all states:
- Ghana: Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money, MTN MoMo and Vodafone Cash
- Kenya: M-Pesa
- Nigeria: debit or credit card and bank transfer
- Tanzania: Airtel Money, Tigo Pesa and Vodacom
- Uganda: Airtel Money and MTN MoMo
- Zambia: Airtel Money and MTN MoMo
Let’s dive into details about SportyBet and find out how to deposit via mobile money and more!
Deposits in Ghana
There are two ways a bettor can use mobile money wallets to top up his betting account: online from the bookie website itself or via a USSD deposit (paybill) in Ghana.
How to fund an account with Tigo Pesa, Airtel, MTN MoMo or Vodafone in SportyBet Ghana:
- Log in to the online bookie.
- Pick the deposit option to exploit from your account.
- Fill in the field with the sum of money to pay.
- Hit TOP UP NOW. Adhere to the instructions on your mobile telephone and finalize the transfer. Watch out for the funds to be deposited to your betting wallet with the bookie.
For Vodafone Cash, a voucher code must be acquired first — adhere to the instructions online. For MTN MoMo, there will be an additional validation, which you will be asked to complete.
How to deposit using USSD code in Ghana when playing at SportyBet:
- Ring the *711*222# code to get the menu (USSD).
- Fill in the money sum to send to the sportsbook.
- Follow the steps to validate the transaction.
Mind that the mobile phone number used to pay must be the same as on the betting site.
The minimum deposit amount is 1 GHS per transfer for SportyBet in Ghana. The maximum deposit limit in Ghana is 20,000 GHS per transaction.
All Ghanaian deposit payments are instant and free of charge.
|Deposit (Ghana)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Tigo Pesa||1 GHS||20k GHS||Instant||Free|
|Airtel Money||1 GHS||20k GHS||Instant||Free|
|MTN MoMo||1 GHS||20k GHS||Instant||Free|
|Vodafone Cash||1 GHS||20k GHS||Instant||Free|
Deposits in Kenya
M-Pesa is the one and only payment method available to the customers of the bookie in Kenya. One can choose between an online top up, an SMS one and via the M-Pesa USSD menu. For the latter option, you will need the SportyBet paybill number — 202202 for M-Pesa in Kenya.
In order to top up the bookmaker online, visit the deposits section of your account, enter the sum of money to pay there and hit TOP UP NOW. On your mobile telephone connected to both your betting account and M-Pesa, validate the transfer using a standard service PIN code.
Here is how to deposit via a USSD code with M-Pesa if using SportyBet in Kenya:
- Call the M-Pesa menu on your mobile phone.
- Pick “Payment services” and then “Paybill”.
- Use 202202 as the business number (pay bill).
- Use SPORTYBET as the account number.
- Fill in the money sum to send to your betting account.
- Validate the transfer with a service PIN.
Mind that the mobile phone number used to pay must be the same as on the betting site.
Learn the way of making a deposit to SportyBet via SMS in Kenya:
- Send a text message to 29123 with the following code: DEPOSIT#AMOUNT. For instance, if you pay 1333 KES, the code will look like this: DEPOSIT#1333.
- Wait for an automatic SMS upon a successful transfer.
The minimum deposit is 1 KES only for SportyBet in Kenya, while the maximum deposit limit stands at 70,000 KES per a single payment and 140,000 KES per a single day.
All Kenyan deposit payments are instant and free of charge.
To check your balance via SMS, text the word BALANCE to 29123.
|Deposit (Kenya)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|M-Pesa||1 KES||70k KES per transfer, 140k KES per day||Instant||Free|
Deposits in Nigeria
Nigeria is the only country serviced by the bookmaker with solely banking deposit payments on offer. They are made possible by the Paystack partnership, with this company empowering it.
Below is the list of banks to fund SportyBet in Nigeria via a wire transfer:
- Access Bank
- Diamond Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- First City Monument Bank
- GT Bank
- Wema Bank (Alat)
- Zenith Bank
For a card payment, any Visa, Mastercard or Verve card of a Nigerian bank will do.
Here is how to deposit with a bank card, debit or credit one, in SportyBet Nigeria:
- Sign in to the online bookmaker and proceed to deposits.
- Fill in the details of your banking card: 1) card number, 2) expiration date (month and year), 3) secret code — CVV. Fill in the sum of money to pay as well. Hit DEPOSIT.
- Fill in the field for a one-time password (OTP), or PIN, or a bank token, which depends on the bank used. Validate the transfer to get your monies to the betting account!
Now, here is how to fund you betting account in Nigeria via a bank transfer:
- Sign in to the SportyBet website and go to the section with deposits.
- Fill in the following details: 1) name of the bank, 2) banking account number. State the sum of money you are ready to send to the online bookmaker. Tap on DEPOSIT.
- Fill in the following field with a one-time password or the date of your birth to validate the transfer, with the verification method depending on your banking establishment. Confirm!
In Nigeria, SportyBet has a 100 NGN minimum deposit. The maximum is 9,999,999 NGN.
All Nigerian deposit payments are instant and free of charge.
|Deposit (Nigeria)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Debit & credit card||100 NGN||<10m NGN||Instant||Free|
|Bank transfer||100 NGN||<10m NGN||Instant||Free|
Deposits in Tanzania
Mobile money operators are provided as the means of payment in Tanzania.
Learn how to deposit with Airtel Money, Tigo Pesa or Vodacom to SportyBet in Tanzania:
- Log in to the online bookmaker and visit the section for deposits.
- Choose the telecom operator to use for the payment.
- Fill in the money sum you are eager to spend.
- Tap on TOP UP NOW. Adhere to the instructions on your mobile telephone to finish the transaction. Wait for the funds to appear in your betting wallet with the sportsbook.
In Tanzania, the minimum deposit amount equals 100 TZS per one spending in SportyBet. The maximum deposit limit for Tanzania is 2,000,000 TZS per one spending.
All Tanzanian deposit payments are instant and free of charge.
|Deposit (Tanzania)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Airtel Money||100 TZS||2m TZS||Instant||Free|
|Tigo Pesa||100 TZS||2m TZS||Instant||Free|
|Vodacom||100 TZS||2m TZS||Instant||Free|
Deposits in Uganda
Payments in Uganda are made possible with mobile money.
Here is how to fund an account with Airtel Money or MTN MoMo at SportyBet in Uganda:
- Sign in to your virtual betting account with this bookie.
- Choose between Airtel and MTN.
- Fill in the sum of money you are inclined to send.
- Hit TOP UP NOW. Exercise the instructions on your mobile telephone to complete the payment. Wait for the funds to get to your online bookie account instantly.
The minimum deposit for Uganda is 1,000 UGX in SportyBet, while the maximum deposit is 4,000,000 UGX. All Ugandan deposit payments are instant and free of charge.
|Deposit (Uganda)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Airtel Money||1k UGX||4m UGX||Instant||Free|
|MTN MoMo||1k UGX||4m UGX||Instant||Free|
Deposits in Zambia
Both Airtel and MTN mobile money solutions can be used to top up the bookie in Zambia.
This is how to make a deposit with MTN MoMo or Airtel Money to SportyBet in Zambia :
- Access your account with the online sports betting site.
- Pick either MTN or Airtel.
- State the money sum that is ready to be paid.
- Tap on the TOP UP NOW button. Get the instructions of how to finalize the payment on your mobile telephone and accordingly. Check out if the funds got to your account fine.
The minimum deposit is 2 ZMW. The maximum deposit is 20,000 ZMW at Sportybet Zambia.
All Zambian deposit payments are instant and free of charge.
|Deposit (Zambia)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Airtel Money||2 ZMW||20k ZMW||Instant||Free|
|MTN MoMo||2 ZMW||20k ZMW||Instant||Free|
Proceeding with withdrawals on SportyBet
The bookie allows mobile money withdrawals in all countries except for Nigeria, where a bank money transfer is the only viable option of withdrawal (which is unused in other countries).
A withdrawal request is processed instantly, if it is lower than a specific amount:
- Ghana — 7,500 GHS per transfer
- Kenya — 70,000 KES per day
- Tanzania — 2,000,000 TZS per transfer
- Uganda — 4,000,000 UGX per transfer
- Zambia — 10,000 ZMW per transfer
In Nigeria, any SportyBet withdrawal takes up to 24 hours.
There are limits in place that specify how much one can withdraw per transaction or per day.
The minimum withdrawal amount offered by SportyBet equals:
- Ghana — 1 GHS
- Kenya — 10 KES
- Nigeria — 1 NGN
- Tanzania — 200 TZS
- Uganda — 1,000 UGX
- Zambia — 2 ZMW
The maximum withdrawal limit at this bookmaker equals:
- Ghana — 10,000 GHS
- Kenya — 70,000 KES per transaction, 140,000 KES per day
- Nigeria — 9,999,999 NGN
- Tanzania — 2,000,000 TZS
- Uganda — 4,000,000 UGX
- Zambia — 10,000 ZMW
Ready? Let’s review how the withdrawals work for each group of methods and each country.
Steps to withdraw to mobile money wallets in Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia:
- Go to the bookmaker website and sign in.
- Tap on WITHDRAWALS in the account drop-down menu.
- Choose a mobile money operator (if there are few).
- Type in the amount of money to withdraw. For Ghana, enter your name first.
- Hit WITHDRAW to finalize the transfer.
This is how withdrawing funds via SMS to M-Pesa in Kenya works:
- Send a text message to 29123 with the following code: WITHDRAW#AMOUNT#PIN. For instance, if you request 7545 KES to be withdrawn to your M-Pesa, and your PIN is 9817, then the code will look like this: WITHDRAW#7545#9817.
- Wait for an automatic SMS response upon a successful withdrawal.
And this is how to withdraw money via bank transfer from SportyBet in Nigeria:
- Sign in to the bookmaker and proceed to withdrawals.
- Choose a Nigerian bank and type in the account number.
- Confirm your identity with a one-time password sent to the mobile telephone number connected to the account chosen for withdrawal (only for the first time).
- Tap WITHDRAW to finalize the operation.
Generally, SportyBet charges no fees for sending money offsite. However, in Kenya the amount called for a withdrawal must be over 500 KES, while otherwise a fee of 15 KES is imposed.
|Withdrawal by country||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Ghana||1 GHS||10k GHS||Instant (<7.5k GHS per transfer)||Free|
|Kenya||10 KES||70k KES per transfer, 140k KES per day||Instant (<70k KES per day)||Free (15 KES if <500 KES)|
|Nigeria||1 NGN||<10m NGN||24 hours||Free|
|Tanzania||200 TZS||2m TZS||Instant (<2m TZS per transfer)||Free|
|Uganda||1k UGX||4m UGX||Instant (<4m UGX per transfer)||Free|
|Zambia||2 ZMW||10k ZMW||Instant (<10k ZMW per transfer)||Free|
Betting options and products provided
At the time of writing this SportyBet review, the online sports betting site displays 19 sports to choose from, with the grand total being around 20 sports. This includes football, basketball, tennis, ice hockey, cricket, rugby, eSports, MMA (UFC) and more. Virtual football and other virtual sports are in abundance here as well, so come anytime and bet.
The number of betting markets is quite large for football, especially top tournaments like the English Premier League. Available bets span from 1x2 and totals to individual player shot totals. There are enough options for tennis, basketball and other sports for regular bettors too.
The SportyBet odds are average, to the higher side for top events in football, tennis and basketball. For instance, a 1x2 bet on any EPL match will incur a margin of 1.5-2%, which is valuable. An outcome bet on an average Grand Slam match in tennis will have an odds margin of 2.5-3%. Lower leagues and small tournaments can as well start with a 6-8% margin.
On top of sports, the bookmaker offers gambling games!
The minimum stake imposed by SportyBet equals:
- Ghana — 1 GHS (single stake), 0.1 GHS (total stake)
- Kenya — 1 KES
- Nigeria — 10 NGN
- Tanzania — 100 TZS
- Uganda — 100 UGX
- Zambia — 1 ZMW
The maximum stake which caps your risks on SportyBet equals:
- Ghana — 80,000 GHS
- Kenya — 500,000 KES
- Nigeria — 3,000 NGN
- Tanzania — 7,500,000 TZS
- Uganda — 15,000,000 UGX
- Zambia — 75,000 ZMW
Be warned that the actual maximum stake limit floats based on the chosen bet and the sporting event. For smaller matches and less popular betting markets it is lowered.
There is a set maximum payout per bet in SportyBet:
- Ghana — 500,000 GHS
- Kenya — 6,000,000 KES
- Nigeria — 40,000,000 NGN
- Tanzania — 50,000,000 TZS
- Uganda — 75,000,000 UGX
- Zambia — 500,000 ZMW
Also, there are maximum winnings set per customer daily:
- Ghana — 750,000 GHS
- Kenya — 15,000,000 KES
- Nigeria — 50,000,000 NGN
- Tanzania — 100,000,000 TZS
- Uganda — 200,000,000 UGX
- Zambia — 1,000,000 ZMW
The bookmaker also sets the total possible payout for all users per day, hence the company won’t pay more than this amount on aggregate on any given day. This is unusual. The limit equals 1,000,000,000 KES in Kenya, 5,000,000,000 TZS in Tanzania, 10,000,000,000 UGX in Uganda, 50,000,000 ZMW in Zambia and is not stated on their website for Ghana and Nigeria.
The payout times are instant: SportyBet pays when the results are published in official sources.
The bookmaker provides players with many contemporary betting opportunities like cash out, odds boost, flexible bets and rebet feature.
Placing online bets on SportyBet: how to start
After you have registered an account, logged in and deposited — it’s time to learn how to play. On Sportybet, one can bet online on their website and in the mobile app, and via SMS in Kenya.
Here is how to place a bet online at this sportsbook:
- Access your betting account.
- Tap on SPORTS at the screen top and choose a sport from the navigation underneath.
- Select the country and/or the competition from the A-Z menu.
- Pick a match by tapping on one to see all the available bets.
- Tap on the odds to add them to your betslip (located at the bottom on mobile).
- Type in the stake amount.
- Hit PLACE BET — and you are all set!
To place a multiple bet (accumulator), just add two or more selections to your SportyBet ticket. Plus, starting with three selections, you may choose a system as a bet type, which is a combination of multibets allowing you to win even when you don’t get every selection right.
How to place SMS bets on SportyBet
Kenyan customers are able to bet via SMS messages sent to the bookmaker.
Follow these instructions to bet via SMS in SportyBet Kenya, sent to 29123:
- Single bet (1x2): text MATCHID#BET#AMOUNT. Use 1 for a home win, X for a draw and 2 for an away win. Example: 9687#X#1200 for 1,200 KES.
- Single bet (goal/no goal): text MATCHID#BET#AMOUNT. Use GG for goal (both to score) and NG for no goal (none or one to score). Example: 1835#GG#300 for 300 KES.
- Single bet (over/under total): text MATCHID#BET#AMOUNT. Use O1.5 for over 1.5 goals, U3.5 for under 3.5, etc. Example: 3654#U2.5#3000 for 3000 KES on under 2.5.
- Multibet (accumulator): text MATCHID1#BET1#MATCHID2#BET2#...#AMOUNT. Example: 9687#X#1835#GG#3654#U2.5#1333 for a 1333 KES multi bet on three matches, with a draw pick in the first game (ID 9687), a GG pick in the second game (ID 1835) and an under 2.5 pick in the third game (ID 3654).
- Jackpot (single ticket): text JP#BET*BET*...*BET. Include results of all 12 games of an ongoing jackpot. Example: JP#2*X*2*1*X*X*1*X*1*X*2*1. Or: JP#2X21XX1X1X21.
- Jackpot (multiple tickets): text JP#BET1BET2*BET*...*BET. Include results of all 12 games of an ongoing jackpot, with two or three outcomes for matches where you wish to cover more than one result. Example: JP#*12*X*1X*2*1*X*1*1*1*2*X*12.
If betting via SMS, you can also check recommended matches on SportyBet: just send the word MATCH to 29123 and get a list with ID of each popular match. It is possible to check the result of a match via SMS: send a combination GAMEID#****** to 29123, where ****** is the match ID.
Checking ticket ID on SportyBet
Once a bet on sports has been made, you can check its status. All your wagers are saved in the “Sports Bet History” section of an account. On mobile, you can access the bets right from the bottom navigation bar. Tap on OPEN BETS for their list — and check the ticket in question.
And here is how to check a ticket ID via SMS in Kenya when playing on SportyBet:
- Text a combination TICKETID#****** to 29123. For example, TICKETID#834710 to check the ticket with the ID 834710 (use the actual ID of your betslip).
- Receive a message with details of your bet: if it is lost, voided or won, plus winnings.
Our experience with cash out on SportyBet
The cashout feature allows an early settlement of your bet at SportyBet, which in turn means that you can receive a part of possible winnings before an event has even occurred. However, if the odds don’t go your way, then cashing out on a bet will mean capping any possible losses.
Both full and partial cashout are possible with this bookmaker. You can cash out on a single bet partially for five times and on a multiple bet for ten times. An auto cashout is possible, which automatically sells a bet back to the bookie when the cash out amount reaches set limits.
Learn how to use cashout below:
- Sign in to your online account with SportyBet.
- Access the betslip and tap on CASHOUT.
- Review the terms of available cashouts and approve one.
It is not possible to cash out free bets (gifts).
Booking a bet with a code
As well as other top African sportsbooks, SportyBet provides an opportunity to book bets. This allows you and your friends to wager on your selections later on, using just the betcode.
Here is how to go about booking bets:
- Tap on the odds you fancy betting on — choose a few if you like.
- Input the stake amount.
- Hit BOOK A BET.
- Write down or save digitally a booking code you will get. Done!
And here is how to load a code:
- Sign in to the online bookmaker.
- Access the empty betslip. Alternatively on mobile, hit LOAD CODE in the top menu.
- Fill in the “Booking Code” field with your SportyBet code.
- Hit LOAD — and place the corresponding bet.
Flexible Bet and Rebet features
The bookmaker offers a couple of interesting features that make betting on sports more comfortable and varied — namely Flexible Bet and Rebet. SportyBet allows you to repeat any bet made with the latter option, while the former one insures your multibets to a certain extent.
Follow these steps to rebet:
- Sign in to the online bookie website of SportyBet.
- Access your account and proceed to “Sports Bet History”.
- Go to “Ticket Details” on any unsettled wager and tap on REBET.
Alternatively, you can tap REBET right after you have placed a bet — and repeat it instantly!
Flexible bets are multiples that win if at least a chosen share of selections wins. The odds will be lower than for an ordinary accumulator with the same event. For example, you can pick a “Flexible Bet” option for a multibet of 20 legs, with a condition that at least 14 events must win.
Place a flexible bet this way:
- Sign in to the online bookmaker.
- Add at least three selections to the betslip.
- Tick the “Flexible Bet” box after it activates.
- Choose the minimum amount of winning selections.
- Hit PLACE BET — and you are all set!
Only prematch events can be chosen for a flexible bet. Also, such bets can’t be cashed out. Canceled and voided selections trigger recalculation of the odds and the promised winnings.
Events to bet on: sports and competitions
There are around 20 different sports to choose from on SportyBet:
- Ice hockey
- eSports (CS GO, Dota 2, LoL)
- MMA (UFC)
- Table tennis
- American football
- Beach volley
- Futsal and more, occasionally
Football is truly rich at this sportsbook, with tournaments of different levels to choose from in tens of countries. They include African football leagues — in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia and other states. For sure, you can bet on the English Premier League, Italian Serie A, La Liga Primera Division, German Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League and more.
In basketball, the site displays sports events from over 20 different countries aside from the NBA and the NCAA, including such popular leagues as BBL, Pro A and Liga ACB.
In tennis, ATP and WTA events, Grand Slam tournaments, ITFs are covered alike.
Betting markets assortment
The bookie provides an assortment of around 300 betting options for top football events such as the EPL, La Liga or the UEFA Champions League. Football bet options on SportyBet include:
- Over/under goals
- Double chance
- Team to score first goal
- European handicap (3-way)
- Asian handicap (2-way)
- Individual team goal totals
- GG/NG (both teams to score — yes/no)
- Draw no bet
- Correct score
- 1st half/2nd half betting (outcome, O/U, DC, handicap and more)
- Half time/full time (outcome and correct score)
- Winning margins
- Team to score
- Clean sheet
- Goalscorers and assists
- Football statistics (bookings, cards, corners, etc)
Asides from the mentioned football betting markets and even some more, there are combined bets: 1st goal & 1x2, half time/full time & exact goals, 1x2 & over 2.5 goals, and such.
In basketball, the amount of betting markets reaches 150 for NBA games and some more, but it is capped with bets on the winner (including overtime), handicaps and over/under point totals for smaller events. Larger matches are offered with additional team over/under point totals, winning margins, race to N points, ranges of points scored, team to lead by N points, half time full time results, Asian handicaps and combined bets, such as the winner & over/under point total.
In tennis, top matches are offered with approximately 50 betting options: the winner (match and set), game and set handicaps, total games over under, individual total games, set score and exact sets, double result (1st set and match), the winner and total, and more betting markets.
When reviewing SportyBet, Takebet India noticed that many people ask how to play win or draw. Our experts would love to answer this question! This bet is called double chance. It has three options: 1X (home win or draw), 12 (home or away win) and X2 (away win or draw). It is better to play against a clear favourite, choosing an underdog victory and a draw.
Payout level of betting odds
This online sports betting site charges a relatively low margin in the odds offered for top sports events: they start from around 1.5-2% and reach somewhere close to 3% on most occasions. Less popular betting options and matches may have margins of 7-8% or even 10%+.
We’ve reviewed the 1x2 odds of SportyBet for some current events in football and other sports.
|EPL||Southampton vs Chelsea||5.49||4.46||1.63||1.99%|
|Kenya Premier League||Kariobangi Sharks vs Bandari||1.98||3.00||3.75||10.51%|
|NBA||Orlando Magic vs Chicago Bulls||2.10||-||1.77||4.12%|
|German BBL||Hamburg Towers vs Medi Bayreuth||1.28||-||3.50||6.7%|
|Tennis||US Open||Kyrgios vs Kokkinakis||1.21||-||4.94||2.89%|
Live betting possibilities
Placing bets on sports as matches unfold before your eyes is what makes live betting on SportyBet what it is. In-play is offered for football, tennis, basketball, ice hockey, American football, eSports, volleyball, handball, baseball, badminton, rugby, cricket, MMA (UFC), beach volley, futsal and darts. Also, one can bet live on virtual sports, such as eFootball.
To get into the action, tap on LIVE BETTING on the sport betting site or in the app. Inside the section, choose between single view and multi view, with the latter providing you with an opportunity to see all the sporting events going on now, simultaneously. Another tab called “Schedule” lists all fixtures by sport, date and time, starting with upcoming matches today.
When you choose a live match for betting, the bookmaker offers you a live match tracker: a visualization of events happening in the game, such as attacks, corners, free kicks, throw-ins and, for sure, shots and goals. Some football matches may be supplied with a live stream.
Underneath the visualization screen, there are live bets for punters to choose from. Live betting options are not as diverse as in prematch, but numerous still in football: 1x2, over/under goals, double chance, European handicap, Asian handicap, individual goal totals, draw no bet, correct score and combined bets, such as 1x2 and over/under total, double chance and total, etc.
To bet on sports live, pick an event and tap on the odds to your liking, move to the betslip, input the sum of money and tap on PLACE BET. Though odds in live events constantly change, you can stay in control thanks to green (odds rise) and red (odds fall) indication arrows.
Don’t forget to check out statistics to be aware of shots, corners, cards, attacks, penalties, offsides, fouls and more stats for football. Other sports are covered with live statistics too!
When Tinder meets online sports betting, SwipeBet is born! It is mobile only.
This new product lets you choose bets easily according to your initial requirements, which include odds range (from 1.00 to unlimited), favourite leagues (UEFA Champions League, Premier League, UEFA Europa League, Championship and more) and favourite betting markets (1x2, double chance, both teams to score, over/under, handicap and 1st half — 1x2).
Here is how to use SwipeBet by SportyBet:
- Tap on SwipeBet in the mobile menu after login.
- Use the filters to select odds, leagues and markets you want and then hit APPLY.
- Check out the first bet you are offered. Swipe to the right if you like it or swipe to the left if you want to skip it. Swipe down to choose another outcome for the same match.
- When you are ready to bet on the chosen selections, tap on the green check mark!
Basically, SwipeBet offers the fastest way to pick bets to your liking.
Livescore and results
All the info needed to make successful predictions is available in the “Livescore” and “Results” sections. The latter one has scores of events in all the sports offered for betting by the bookie, such as final and half time scores in football, final and sets scores in tennis, etc.
The live scores of SportyBet are much more diverse. First of all, a punter can filter events by live (currently happening), upcoming (future ones) and results (past ones). Secondly, one gets to filter events by date: choose among six past and six future days, or just pick the current date. Thirdly, a sports bettor is able to filter sporting events by tournament and by kick off time.
For past matches, it is possible to check scores and sometimes events such as substitutions and goalscorers in football. For future matches, detailed statistical data has been made available including the form run, head-to-heads, average goals and tournament tables.
The livescore is provided to SportyBet by Sportradar (Betradar).
Virtual sports betting: vFootball, eFootball, instant and more
This sportsbook provides an opportunity to bet on literally every second! With SportyBet virtuals, you can wager anytime on simulated football leagues and randomized virtual football matches, FIFA battles, virtual tennis, virtual horse racing, greyhounds, motor racing, speedway and more.
The basic product for all football lovers out there is instant virtuals. The company offers you four leagues: England, Spain, Italy and Germany. All the teams resemble current participants of the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga Primera, Italian Serie A and German Bundesliga, respectively. Their names are abbreviations of real club names, and the logos are very similar.
Odds and game results and very much randomized. Instant Virtuals include the following betting markets: 1x2, over under goals, double chance, GG/NG (both teams to score), handicap, teams to score, first and last goal. You can use a bet builder for multiple selections!
After the betting is done, tap on NEXT ROUND to move to another round with more matchups.
The most diverse of all virtual betting products, the scheduled virtuals include:
- Virtual football
- Virtual greyhound racing
- Virtual horse racing
- Virtual speedway
- Virtual motorbike racing
Scheduled events happen every three minutes. When any event starts, you can follow a livestream that is very much like a real action, but is digitally generated. Along with all the diverse virtual sports made available, these streams are an advantage of the scheduled virtuals.
Football includes the England League, the Italy League, the Spain League, the German League, the France League, the Turkey League, the World Cup, the Euro Cup, the AFCON and the Euro Champions League — all virtually generated, with separate sets of teams resembling reality.
The stake limits are lower for scheduled virtuals, while the minimum stake is the same.
The maximum stake in scheduled virtuals is:
- Ghana — 1,500 GHS
- Kenya — 25,600 KES
- Nigeria — 200,000 NGN
- Tanzania — 200,000 TZS
- Uganda — 200,000 UGX
- Zambia — 1,000 ZMW
The maximum payout in scheduled virtuals equals:
- Ghana — 10,000 GHS
- Kenya — 200,000 KES
- Nigeria — 3,000,000 NGN
- Tanzania — 5,000,000 TZS
- Uganda — 5,000,000 UGX
- Zambia — 35,000 ZMW
Matches of vFootball on are available straight from the “Sports” section. The advantage here is an opportunity to mix these virtuals with real-sport matches in your betslip.
vFootbal consists of England Virtual, Spain Virtual, Italy Virtual and Germany Virtual. Abbreviations of team names clearly imply real clubs playing in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga, respectively. Betting markets include 1x2, O/U, double chance, European handicap, individual team totals, GG/NG (BTTS), correct score, half betting, home and away team goals.
The odds and results of vFootball are automatically generated and randomized.
eFootball, eBasketball, eIce Hockey
These are matches played by eSport professionals from around the world, with eFootball standing for EA Sports FIFA, eBasketball for NBA 2K and eIce Hockey for EA Sports NHL.
Home and away sides are the names of real clubs and the names of eSport players. Betting odds are based on the actual skills of players, win-lose record and head-to-head history.
In eFootball, punters bet on 1x2, over under goals and double chance. eBasketball and eIce Hockey events were not available at the time of writing this SportyBet review.
Sporty 12: what we learned playing SportyBet jackpot
Fancy winning loads of gold from a dime? Sporty 12, a SportyBet jackpot game, grants it!
The jackpot is available in every country: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia. One must guess a 1x2 outcome in 12 given football matches correctly to win a jackpot.
Consolation prizes are given out for 10 and 11 correct predictions.
Here is a guide on playing jackpots offered by SportyBet:
- Sign in to the online bookmaker.
- Tap on JACKPOT in the menu and check out the matches.
- Choose at least one outcome for every game. Alternatively, tap on JACKPOT RUSH to select outcomes randomly — one for every fixture.
- Hit PLACE BET to launch your jackpot ticket!
Mind that adding more than one outcome for any match will result in a multiplication of your ticket price in a geometric progression. However, your chances of winning will be higher too.
The Sporty 12 jackpot prize is as follows (Sep 2022):
- Ghana — 217,649 GHS
- Kenya — 8,488,060 KES
- Nigeria — 50,157,450 NGN
- Tanzania — 41,967,240 TZS
- Uganda — 15,000,000 UGX
- Zambia — 150,000 ZMW
The basic jackpot ticket price is:
- Ghana — 1 GHS
- Kenya — 50 KES
- Nigeria — 100 NGN
- Tanzania — 100 TZS
- Uganda — 250 UGX
- Zambia — 2 ZMW
Ready to launch a shot at winning loads of monies? Bet on a jackpot game now!
Non-sporty games on mobile: Sporty Hero and more
If using the mobile version, one can play games: table card ones, slots, etc. They are available on mobile and in the app only. One of the most popular SportyBet games is Sporty Hero, a creative variation of the famous Aviator game offered solely by this bookmaker.
Here are the instructions to Sporty Hero:
- Sign in to the sportsbook and select the game from the mobile menu.
- Place a bet and watch the hero flying!
- You can cashout during the game and fix your winnings — or you can wait for the hero to fly higher. However, if the hero falls, you lose your stake. Try it out!
Another good thing is that you can play Sporty Hero and socialize in a chat.
Other games include instant gambles like Spin2Win, Even Odd, Roulette, Flip da Coin, Spin da Bottle,Red Black, Keno, Blackjack, Sporty6, Sporty Soccer, Dice, Goal, Plinko, Mines, Turbo HiLo, Turbo Keno, Mini Roulette, Lucky Goal, SicBo, Stud Poker and Aviator.
How to go about downloading SportyBet app
Being a huge fan of mobile sports betting, you should know that nothing beats a mobile application. Knowing that, SportyBet provides an opportunity to download an app, APK for Android. At the time of writing this review, it is not possible to get an iPhone app.
The Android app is offered in two versions:
- New application (Android version 5.0+)
- Old mobile app (Android 4.x versions)
Here’s how SportyBet app download works:
- Visit the betting website and hit APP in the menu.
- If on desktop, scan the QR code with your mobile or copy a direct link to click and download the APK automatically. On mobile, tap on DOWNLOAD FOR FREE.
- After you have successfully downloaded the application, launch the installation. When install is done, you can log in to your account or create a new one if needed.
The mobile app weighs 6 MB and is fast and reliable based on our expert’s experience. The functionality is like on the full betting website, so you’ll be fully packed to win!
Website overview: desktop and mobile versions
A punter can access SportyBet on mobile devices and via desktop. Both versions have the same functionality, with the mobile site being even more functional with gambling games. When accessing the online bookmaker, they let you pick the country of your residence for a local site.
Let’s review the desktop website first. At the top of a webpage, you have a login form and a sign up button. Below is the SportyBet menu for navigation with the following sections:
- Live Betting
- Instant Virtuals
- Scheduled Virtuals
Underneath, there is a sports menu. Lower, the bookie places popular links, which lead to the football matches of today and to upcoming games in all sports. There are current bonuses too.
The main part of the page is for highlighted prematch events and top live fixtures. There, you can pick a bet by clicking on odds or selecting any particular event to view all the betting markets. To the left, you got the betslip which works as a booking code loader when empty.
Access your account profile for bet and transaction history, deposits and withdrawals, and more.
Mobile betting site of SportyBet
The mobile website of SportyBet is the most popular version, because African sports bettors are mostly mobile users. It is packed with all the available features and more: gambling games can be found on mobile only, such as the Sporty Hero, a local variation of the Aviator game.
After accessing the mobile site, you see the LOG IN and JOIN NOW buttons in the top right corner, by the search. Under promos, there is the mobile menu of SportyBet:
- Instant Virtuals
- Load Code
Separate sports, at least the popular ones, can be accessed directly from the menu as well.
Underneath, you have a scrollable horizontal block with quick links such as “My Favourites”, “Today’s Football”, “Football in Next 3 Hours” and ongoing popular tournaments, such as the England Premier League, Spain La Liga, Italy Serie A, Germany Bundesliga, France Ligue 1, Champions League, Europa League, Conference League, tennis US Open and more.
Even lower, you have top games with the best odds. Then goes the block with current live events, where you can choose a sport and a betting market to form a layout of matches. Then you have the general block with prematch events and multiple filters, including odds range, sports and betting markets. Use them — and watch out the list changing according to these.
The mobile SportyBet betslip is always on your screen, in its lower right part — tap on it to call it out. Also, when you choose odds, the betslip opens in the lower part of the screen. Fill in the field with your stake, check out possible returns — and tap on the green button to place the bet.
SportyBet lite mobile version review
In Nigeria and Kenya, the lite mobile version is uplifting spirits of those using SportyBet with old phones and bad internet. Mobilelite website can be reached at the following address:
- Nigerian mobile lite web address: www.sportybet.com/ng/lite
- Kenyan mobile lite web address: www.sportybet.com/ke/lite
Sadly, we couldn’t access a lite mobile site version in Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
When accessing the mobile lite website, one spots the buttons for login and registration first, then their betslip and the cashout block placed a little lower at the screen.
Underneath, there is a menu of the lite website:
- All sports
Moving further down, you will see current live betting events first and then football highlights.
To place a bet, it’s enough to tap on the odds, input your stake in the betslip and gamble!
Livestreaming opportunities: are there any?
In theory, there are live streams of sports on the bet site. However, at the time of writing this review, Takebet India was unable to witness any events broadcast by the bookmaker.
Locate and use livestreaming on SportyBet in the following way:
- Log in to your betting account.
- Tap on LIVE in the top menu.
- Activate the switch “SportyTV Only”, located on the mobile screen topside.
- Check out the list of available sporting live streams!
Customer care: number, help contact email
If you need help, it is possible to contact the company by phone or by email.
The customer care number of SportyBet is:
- Ghana — 0540134222
- Kenya — 0207640825
- Nigeria — 07008888888, 09088999988
- Zambia — 0964593703
There is no known contact number for Tanzania and Uganda.
The customer email provided is as follows:
- Ghana — email@example.com
- Kenya — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nigeria — email@example.com
- Tanzania — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uganda — email@example.com
- Zambia — firstname.lastname@example.org
5 things about SportyBet you should know before betting
The online bookie is one of the leading African providers of sports betting services — and there are enough interesting things about this company one can learn. Let’s cover five of them:
- The company offers the easiest possible sign up with a mobile phone number only in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia — just fill it in and open an account.
- The bookie provides a 1x2 football jackpot with prizes for 10, 11 and 12 correct predictions, and a bettor can choose any number of outcomes for each match.
- The bookmaker is another online betting site with virtual sports, including virtual football in a few variations, virtual greyhound racing, virtual horse racing and eSports.
- One can download the app APK of this sportsbook for Android starting with the 4.xx OS version.
- SportyBet is known for technical innovations and local adaptations, which is reflected in cash out, Flexible Bet and SwipeBet options, and SMS betting opportunities in Kenya.
What is SportyBet famous for? Let’s find out! Firstly, with so many betting markets to choose from, especially in football, their odds are average — but on the higher side: Takebet India has found out that margins for main betting markets (e.g. 1x2) in top matches start from 1.5-2%.
There is an accumulator win bonus up to 2,000% for winning multibets in all countries, while in many states SportyBet also gives an opportunity to get a welcome bonus, and more than one.
Every country the bookmaker operates in is covered with a 1x2 football jackpot of 12 matches and complimentary prizes for 10 and 11 correct predictions. Their virtual sports is another great treat: virtual football and eFootball (FIFA games between eSport players), eBasketball and eIce Hockey, schedule virtuals with even more football, virtual horse racing, virtual greyhounds, etc.
Many technological betting options are provided, including unique ones: a full and partial cashout, odds boosts, acca insurance (Flexible Bet and Cut One), Rebet and odds boosts. On top of that, Kenyan players can manage their accounts and bet with SMS.
Last but not least, one can download an Android application for versions starting with 4.xx.
There is a clear request for an opportunity to get a mobile betting app for iPhone, but there is none. Moreover, Takebet India has found a lite mobile version for old phones in Nigeria and Kenya only, while old phone owners Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia seem left out.
In live betting, there is an option to filter out live streaming events, but there were none.
There are gambling games, but they are not available on desktop, only on mobile.
The betting odds for less popular events can be lower, with a margin of 8-10%+.
Overall, SportyBet is a sport betting site that is well-established, with a solid sportsbook product and technical options for punters to make use of, including acca insurance offers. The odds are fine. There is a great multibet win bonus and, in some countries, a first deposit bonus and a registration free bet. Asides from sports, you can place bets on virtuals and gambling games.
The mobile SportyBet experience is great if you are an Android user because of the native app, while iPhone owners are limited to the mobile website. We at Takebet India can’t say this bookmaker is 100% mobile-friendly: a mobile lite version is offered in Kenya and Nigeria only.
Though there is room for improvement like adding fixtures to watch live, providing a SportyBet app for iOS devices and improving the odds for smaller matches, this bookie is solid.