1x2 betting tips overview
1x2 bet tips are predictions for the outcome of a sporting event, such as a football match. Given the versatility of this betting market, bookies offer it for any sport with two opponents.
Moreover, bookies might offer win-draw-win betting tips on “in-game contests”: the team to get the most yellow cards or to earn the most corners, the tennis player to make the most double faults, and such.
In accumulators, we combine 1x2 free tips with other bets, such as totals (over/under), correct scores, handicaps, goalscorers, double chances, and many more.
Read on to learn more about our predictions for match outcomes!
Win-draw-win predictions explained
A win-draw-win prediction is a bet on the result of a sporting event — a win or a draw. The classic 1x2 betting market is a 3-way one. Its options include a home win (1), a draw (X), and an away win (2). However, in sports with two possible outcomes (e.g. tennis), tips on the outcome are also called 1x2, or 12. An alternative name for 1x2 is “money line”.
Football is the most popular sport worldwide with three-way match outcomes. Another mass-followed sport well-covered with three-way tips is ice hockey.
Example of a 3-way 1x2 prediction: you bet on a Real Madrid vs Chelsea match in the UEFA Champions League. If you wager on the home side to win (1), you will need Real Madrid to win the whole game. If you are betting on the draw, you will need a tie score (0-0, 1-1, etc.). Betting on the away win will make you wait for Chelsea to win the day.
If we talk about two-way 1x2 predictions, tennis is the best example. Two athletes compete against each other, and only one can win at all times. Basketball is another popular sport that is usually left out of a draw option because this outcome is improbable here.
Example of a 2-way win draw win tip: you bet on a Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal match at a tennis Grand Slam tournament. If you bet on the first one to win (1), you need Djokovic to dominate the fixture. If you wager on the second one (2), you need Nadal to come on top.
As straightforward and fundamental as possible, free 1x2 betting tips offer one significant advantage and pose one substantial risk. The advantage is low margins and hence higher odds, with the margin as low as 1.5% for top matches and tournaments at bookies.
The risk lies in the ability of a bookmaker to precisely predict changes in the 1x2 betting market, so even low-margin odds rarely offer you an edge. The match favourite almost always gets odds that are too low to be valuable, so betting on Real Madrid to win a game with the odds of 1.10 (-1000 American; 1/10 Fractional) is rarely a good idea.
Note: win draw predictions are full-time ones, offered on regulation time by default.
Combined predictions: 1x2 with over/under, BTTS, and goalscorer
We combine our best 1x2 tips with other betting markets in the same match, thus forming a kind of a two-part accumulator. Higher odds are the advantage of such combo bets.
Here are the options that combine well with 1x2:
- Over/under goal totals
- Both teams to score (Yes/No)
- Goalscorer (anytime, first, or last)
Let’s check out each of these three possible combinations with examples.
1x2 and over/under predictions: combinations of an outcome and a total of goals/points.
Example: you bet on the Golden State Warriors to win in a match against the Boston Celtics and the total to be over 222.5 points. If the Warriors win with a 120-110 score, you will also win, because, in addition to Golden State winning, you have the point total being over 222.5.
1x2 and both teams to score (BTTS) predictions: combos of a final match result and a bet on both teams to score (or not to score). This bet is native to low-scoring sports like football and ice hockey, where a team leaving the pitch with no goals is probable enough.
Example: you bet on the Tampa Bay Lightning to win over the New York Rangers and both teams to score. If the Lightning wins the regulation time with a 4-1 scoreline, then you will also be a winner, because both teams scored in the match, but Tampa Bay got on top.
1x2 and anytime goalscorer predictions: combo of an outcome and the player to score a goal anytime. You can pair 1x2 with the first or the last goalscorer, too. This bet is native to football and ice hockey.
Example: you bet on Manchester City to win over PSG and Kevin De Bruyne to score anytime. He then scores the first goal of the match, and Man City win 2:1. You win too!
Accumulator 1x2 bet tips
Our free 1x2 tips come as single bets and in accumulators. In the latter combo bets, a win-draw-win prediction is tied to other betting markets: correct scores, over/under goals, anytime goalscorer, European and Asian handicaps, BTTS, double chance, and more.
The risks surrounding multi-bets are higher. However, the odds are higher too. The experts of Takebet India offer odds as high as 10.00 (+900 American; 9/1 Fractional) on our accumulators.
Sports and tournaments with 1x2 tips
Sports with 1x2 betting tips are abundant because that’s the most fundamental bet. The only sports without this option are the ones with three or more participants, such as horse racing.
Our website features outcome predictions for the following sports:
- Ice hockey
Let’s review tournaments covered on Takebet India.
Football games have three possible outcomes: a home win, a draw, and an away win. As you can see, there is room for full-time-draw predictions, making it possible to predict a tie.
Football tournaments with win-draw-win predictions:
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- English Premier League
- Spanish La Liga Primera Division
- German Bundesliga
- Italian Serie A
- French Ligue 1
- USA MLS
- FIFA World Cup
- UEFA Euro
- CAF Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) and more
Check out our 1x2 football predictions on upcoming matches now.
Tennis is an individual sport, unlike football. It is all about two players contesting a win, and there is no room for a draw as per the rules of this sport.
Tennis competitions covered with outcome tips:
- Australian Open
- French Open
- US Open
- Summer Olympic tennis tournament
- ATP Masters 1000
- ATP 500
- WTA 1000 (Premier)
- WTA 500 and more
Check out our tennis 1x2 predictions and tips on upcoming matches online.
Basketball match results are pretty different from football or tennis but easy to understand. Teams score points by putting a ball into the basket — either two, three, or one point each time. Basketball matches are high-scoring, with 200 and more points scored by both teams.
A basketball game cannot end in a draw, but it can go to overtime (OT) if, in the regular time, both teams tie a game with an equal score (e.g., 105-105 or 99-99). Some bookies provide three-way outcome bets on basketball, but most bookmakers will offer you win betting only.
Basketball competitions with the best free win-draw-win tips:
- FIBA Basketball World Cup
- Summer Olympic basketball tournament and more
Check out our basketball 1x2 predictions for future games online.
There is a relatively high probability of a draw in ice hockey, so most bookmakers will provide you with both 2-way (OT and bullets included) and 3-way outcome markets.
Ice hockey tournaments with predictions:
- IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship
- Winter Olympic ice hockey tournament
Check out our 1x2 ice hockey predictions for upcoming matches now.
How professionals analyse 1x2 betting market
Takebet India publishes each win-or-draw prediction after an extensive analysis. We analyse events using sporting statistics, records of results, current news and our impression about the last game played by each team and athlete.
Of course, the actual specifics differ from sport to sport, but there are some familiar dots:
- Recent form and stats: to succeed, it is crucial for experts to analyse the results and stats of the latest five to ten games in football and some more in other sports, basically from the last 1-2 months. Analysts spot winning and losing streaks, the number of goals/points averaged per game (scored and conceded) and their distribution through the games. We dive deep into all offensive and defensive stats of teams and athletes.
- H2H: comparing the teams and athletes in their latest head-to-head matches lets a bettor in on how they typically act against each other, their tactics and trends. Some go unbeaten for a long time when playing against the other team, thus having better morals.
- Recent news: to predict starting lineups in football and other sports, experts research the latest news on the absentees, the priorities that the coach sets, and the form of key players.
1x2 (win draw win) betting strategies
Home-court advantage is typical for picking the team to win a game, but it’s not enough. 1x2 betting strategies are more complex sets of rules and observations helping you pick bets.
Let’s explore a few strategies for professional 1x2 tips we ourselves use:
- Betting strategy for a home win in football. Bet on a home team under the following conditions: 1) the home team has won over half of the home matches this season, 2) the away team had less time to rest, 3) the home team will be satisfied only with a win based on the tournament situation, 4) two or more key players of the away team are absent, 5) odds on the home team are around 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional).
- Betting strategy for draws in football. Bet on a draw in the following circumstances: 1) draws happen more often in the given tournament than on average in the top 5 European football leagues, 2) at least two of the latest five H2H matches between the given teams have ended in a draw, 3) both teams had at least two draws out of the last five matches with other teams, 4) a draw is an acceptable result for both teams.
- Betting strategy for an underdog victory with high odds. Stake on the underdog to win a game in football and other team sports under the following conditions: 1) the favourite can afford to lose, especially if there are more critical matches right ahead, 2) the favourite is playing after a heavy series of matches, unlike the underdog, 3) the underdog is an uncomfortable rival for the favourite, given the results and dynamics of the previous H2H fixtures, 4) the current match is a home one for the underdog, 5) the favourite team fields a weaker roster given the lower priority of the match or the tournament.
Other tips to explore
Aside from 1x2, we also recommend other options in the betting tips!
Other sections with predictions:
Get on your winning boots — and bet on win-draw win predictions from Takebet India now!