Australian Open 2022: Wang vs Sabalenka prediction and betting tips (January 20)
Both tennis players have won only two of the last six matches. Who will come out victorious this time?
Wang Xinyu performed better than Sabalenka in her first 2022 Australian Open match
Wang Xinyu performed better than Sabalenka in her first 2022 Australian Open match

The Wang Xinyu vs Aryna Sabalenka fixture in the Round 2 of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Wednesday, 20 January 2022, starting at 01:15 a.m. GMT. The venue is Melbourne Park, Melbourne. Wang Xinyu vs Aryna Sabalenka (January 20) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Wang vs Sabalenka (January 20) latest odds on betting sites

Aryna Sabalenka is priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to qualify for the Round 3, which equals an approximate probability of 77%. Wang Xinyu comes with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2) to win. The chances of her triumph are approximately equal to 23%.

The latest odds for Wang Xinuy vs Aryna Sabalenka (January 20):

  • Over 19.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 19.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Sabalenka — 1.70 (143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Wang — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Sabalenka — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Wang — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)

Wang vs Sabalenka (January 20) match preview and stats

Wang Xinyu beat Ann Li (7-6, 6-3) in the Round 1 to qualify for the second round.

In the first set, both tennis players showed absolutely equal performance before the eighth game. Ann Li was close to win this game and finish the set in her favor but she did not convert two breakpoints. Then they exchanged winning return games and performed equally to a 6-6 score. Wang Xinuy played a bit better in the tie-breaks to finish with a 7-5 score.

Wang started the second set confidently. She easily won the first service and the return game, but then she lost the second service game. Xinyu was close to win the next return game, however she failed to win four breakpoints. Both played perfectly in their service games afterwards, up to a 3-4 score in favor of Wang Xinuy. The Chinese easily won the next return game and then finished the set with a 6-3 score in her favor.

Wang Xinyu performed quite well in the first match of the 2022 Australian Open. The Chinese tennis player made only two double faults. She won nine out of 11 service games and 65% of service points. Wang Xinyu converted and saved 30% and 60% of breakpoints, respectively. She won 30% of return games and 45% of points.

We have seen a total under 9.5 games in the first set in six of the last eight matches with Wang Xinyu participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this fixture.

Arina Sabalenka met Storm Sanders (5-7, 6-3, 6-2) in the first fixture in the 2022 Australian Open.

Both tennis players showed unstable play in the first set. Aryna Sabalenka lost three first service games, whereas her rival lost two out of three first service games. Then Aryna came back to a 5-5 score, but her rival started the next return game from a 40-0 score. Sabalenka tried to come back but Storm converted the third breakpoint and finally finished the set in her favor.

In the second set, the Belarusian tennis player won the first game, but then Sanders took three games in a row to a 3-1 score. Afterwards we saw six games with a really close play, however Aryna was lucky enough to finish them in her favor.

The last set was a single one without comebacks and close performances. Aryna Sabalenka won the first four games and lost only two before winning the third set.

Aryna did not start this tournament perfectly. She made 12 double faults in three sets. Besides, Sabalenka won only 67% of service games and 58% of points. However, she won 50% and 48% of return games and points, respectively. Aryna Sabalenka converted seven out of 18 breakpoints and saved 55% of them

Wang vs Sabalenka (January 20) betting tips and prediction

Aryna Sabalenka was much stronger than Wang Xinyu in the 2021, but she has not yet shone this new season. Aryna has won only two of the last seven matches and did not show confident play in the first match of the 2022 Australian Open. In spite of the victory, her stats are not outstanding, whereas Xinyu performed better in her first match. She met a stronger rival and showed more confident play in that match.

I am not sure that Wang will be able to win this match, but I believe that Wang Xinyu will take one set for sure. Besides, a total over 19.5 games looks a safe outcome too.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Wang

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 19.5 games

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Tennis Australian Open 2022 . Women. Singles. Round 2
Wang Xinyu — Aryna Sabalenka
Won
Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Wang
2.10
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!