UCL 2021-22: Lille vs RB Salzburg prediction and betting tips (November 23)
RB Leipzig have lost only one of the last 26 matches. Will they be defeated by Lille?
Jonathan David (Lille) has scored only one goal in the Champions League so far
Jonathan David (Lille) has scored only one goal in the Champions League so far
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Lille vs RB Salzburg fixture in the fifth round of the 2021-22 Champions League will take place on Tuesday, 23 November 2021, starting at 08:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Lille. Lille vs RB Salzburg (November 23) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Lille vs RB Salzburg (November 23) latest odds on betting sites

Lille are priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. RB Salzburg come with the odds of 3.00 (+200; 2/1) to take Lille down in the fifth round. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 33%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.50 (+250; 5/2), which equals an approximate probability of 27%.

The latest odds for Lille vs RB Salzburg (November 23) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian goals handicap (-1.5) on Lille — 4.60 (+360; 18/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (+1.5) on RB Salzburg — 1.20 (-500; 1/5)
  • Burak Yilmaz to score anytime — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Jonathan David to score at anytime — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)

Lille vs RB Salzburg (November 23) match preview and stats

Lille are second in group G with five points from four matches. They won once, drew in one fixture and lost two remaining games. In the most recent match, Lille won over Sevilla (2-1).

Teams performed equally in the first half. Les Dogues controlled the ball 54% of the time but attacked only 18 times. They made three shots and all were on target, whereas Sevilla made seven shots with two on target. In the 15th minute, Rafael Mir helped Lucas Ocampos to score the first goal for Sevilla. In the 43th minute, Jonathan David scored a penalty to level the score in the first half.

In the second half, teams played approximately equal again. Lille controlled the ball only 38% of the time and made only 22 attacks. However, they made nine shots with one on target, whereas Sevilla made only five shots. Les Dogues completed nine blocks and one save. Lille and Sevilla caught six and five yellow cards in this half, respectively. Zeki Celik helped Nanitamo Ikone to score the second goal for Lille in the 51st minute.

Jocelyn Gourvennec’s boys have not been flawless in the 2021-22 Champions League. They made 29 shots only with 12 on target in four matches, created 31 chances in penalty areas and scored three goals. Lille have completed approximately 21.5 defensive actions per game on average.

Both teams have scored in the last five matches with Lille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in the next match.

Lille team news: Sven Botman — groin injury, Orestis Karnezis — leg injury, Renato Sanches — muscle injury, Jonathan Bamba — ankle injury, Gabriel Gudmundsson — muscle injury, Leo Jardim — neck injury.

RB Salzburg heads their group: they took seven points in four fixtures. The Red Bulls beat two rivals, drew in one match and were defeated once. Salzburg lost to Wolfsburg (1-2) in the most recent game.

Matthias Jaissle’s boys dominated in the first half. They controlled the ball 54% of the time and attacked 22 times. RB Salzburg made eight shots with three on target, whereas Wolfsburg made four shots with one on target. The Red Bulls completed two blocks in the half. Bote Yannick Gerhardt helped Nzuzi Baku to score the first goal in the third minute. In the 30th minute, Maximilian Wober leveled the score.

In the second half, teams performed equally. The Red Bulls controlled the ball 57% of the time and attacked 36 times, whereas Wolfsburg attacked only 19 times. Salzburg completed two saves. Maximilian Arnold helped Lukas Nmechato score a goal in the 60th minute.

RB Salzburg have played well so far. They made 41 shots with 24 on target. Matthias Jaissle’s men created 37 chances in penalty areas and scored seven goals in four games. The Red Bulls have completed 25 defensive actions per game on average.

We have seen a total over 2.5 goals in five of the last seven matches with RB Salzburg participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in this fixture.

RB Salzburg team news: Vallci Albert — heel injury, Zlatko Junuzoviс — achilles injury.

Lille vs RB Salzburg (November 23) key players and lineups

Lille projected starting lineup:

  • Ivo Grbic
  • Tiago Djalo
  • Jose Fonte
  • Zeki Celik
  • Reinaldo Mandava
  • Benjamin Andre
  • Yusuf Yazici
  • Isaac Lihadji
  • Jonathan Ikone
  • Jonathan David
  • Burak Yilmaz

Jonathan David has scored only one goal in the 2021-22 Champions League so far, but he is the best goalscorer in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 10 goals and 15 chances in penalty areas.

RB Salzburg projected starting lineup:

  • Nico Mantl
  • Bryan Okoh
  • Jеrоme Onguеnе
  • Bernardo
  • Rasmus Kristensen
  • Mohamed Camara
  • Luka Sucic
  • Brenden Aaronson
  • Noah Okafor
  • Karim Adeyemi
  • Benjamin Sesko

Karim Adeyemi has made seven shots on target and scored three goals in the 2021-22 Champions League. Besides, he scored 11 goals in the national league of Austria.

Lille vs RB Salzburg (November 23) betting tips and prediction

Lille was bad at the start of the season, but they performed well in their last matches. RB Salzburg won once in the last four matches and drew two times against underdogs.

I believe Lille will not lose this game. Both teams scored in the last H2H match as well as in the last five matches with Lille’s participation. This outcome looks safe.

Besides, we may see a total over 2.5 goals. This outcome has played out in five of the last seven matches with Salzburg participating and in their single H2H match.

Betting prediction: Lille not to lose & both teams to score

Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

Football UEFA Champions League . Group stage. Round 5
Lille — RB Salzburg
Lost
Lille not to lose & both teams to score
2.25
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!