Lyon vs Lille prediction and betting tips (October 30)
Lille have won the last three matches to nil and have a streak of five H2H matches against Lyon without losses. Will they extend these streaks?
Alexandre Lacazette helped to open the score and bagged a winning goal in the last game
Alexandre Lacazette helped to open the score and bagged a winning goal in the last game
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Lyon vs Lille fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 30 October 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Groupama Stadium, Lyon.

Latest odds on betting sites

Lille are priced with the odds of 3.50 (+250 American; 5/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 28%. Lyon come with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to take Lille down. The chances of this outcome are close to 47%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.90 (+290; 29/10), which equals an approximate probability of 25%.

The latest odds for Lyon vs Lille (October 30) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals โ€” 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
  • Under 2.5 goals โ€” 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Lille โ€” 1.25 (-400; 1/4)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Lyon โ€” 3.50 (+250; 5/2)
  • Alexandre Lacazette to score anytime โ€” 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Jonathan David to score anytime โ€” 3.20 (+220; 11/5)

Match preview and statistics

Lyon beat Montpellier (2-1) in Round 12 of the 2022-23 Ligue 1.

They absolutely dominated in the first half. Les Gones controlled the ball 70% of the time and attacked 33 times, whereas Montpellier completed only nine attacks. Lyon made 10 shots with five on target and finished one of them successfully. Houssem Aouar opened the scoreline in the 33rd minute.

The second half was the same as the first one. They controlled the ball 56% of the time and made 11 shots with five on target, while their rivals made five shots with one on target. Elye Wahi leveled the score in the 70th minute, but Alexandre Lacazette scored a winning goal in the 90th minute.

Both teams have scored in the last three matches with Lyon participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.55 (-182; 11/20) in the match against Lille.

Lyon team news: Julian Pollersbeck โ€” knee injury, Castello Lukeba โ€“ muscle injury, Romain Faivre โ€“ leg injury.

Lille had a close game against Monaco (4-3) in the last game.

Lille attacked a bit better in the first half. They made 10 attempts to score with four on target during 23 attacks controlling the ball 60% of the time. However, Monaco made four shots on target and finished two of them successfully. Alexsandro and Remy Cabella scored their goals for Lille. Caio Henrique and Axel Disasi bagged two goals for Monaco in this half.

In the second half, Les Dogues controlled the ball 58% of the time and attacked 18 times. They made 10 shots with three on target and bagged three goals again. Wissam Ben Yedder scored a goal in the 53rd minute, but Remy Cabella and Jonathan Bamba scored two goals for Lille to win the match.

A total of over 2.5 goals has played out in nine of the last 10 matches with Lille participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.65 (-154; 13/20) this time.

Lyon vs Lille H2H

Lille won over Lyon (1-0) in the most recent H2H fixtures. In spite of the victory, Lille played much weaker than Lyon. Les Dogues controlled the ball 36% of the time and made only six shots with two on target during 24 attacks. Gabriel Gudmundsson scored a single goal for his team.

Lyon made 21 shots with eight on target, but they did not score a goal. They controlled the ball 64% of the time and attacked 78 times.

Lineups and key players

Lyon projected starting lineup:

  • Anthony Lopes
  • Jerome Boateng
  • Sinaly Diomande
  • Nicolas Tagliafico
  • Malo Gusto
  • Thiago Mendes
  • Maxence Caqueret
  • Houssem Aouar
  • Karl Toko Ekambi
  • Rayan Cherki
  • Alexandre Lacazette

Alexandre Lacazette helped to open the score and bagged a winning goal in the last game. Also. Lacazette has scored three goals in the last two matches.

Lille projected starting lineup:

  • Lะตo Jardim
  • Alexsandro Ribeiro
  • Gabriel Gudmundsson
  • Jose Fonte
  • Bafode Diakite
  • Jonas Martin
  • Remy Cabella
  • Benjamin Andre
  • Jonathan Bamba
  • Timothy Weah
  • Jonathan David

Jonathan David was unlucky to score a goal in the last game, but he completed an assist. He has scored six goals in the last seven matches.

Prediction and betting tips

Lille have won three of the last five matches and have drawn in two remaining games. However, they were not much stronger than Les Dogues. Lyon absolutely dominated in the last H2H match, but they were not able to score a goal.

In the last games, Lyon was not strong. They have lost five of the last seven games being favourites in six of these matches. Lille have won four of the last five matches with three to nil. Also, Lille have scored at least a goal in the last 13 matches. Lille are in good form now, whereas Lyon look much weaker at the moment. I believe that Les Dogues will not lose this fixture.

Betting prediction: Double chance โ€“ X2

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Lyon โ€” Lille
Lost
Double chance โ€“ X2
1.85
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!