NHL 2022 East Finals, Game 4: Lightning vs Rangers prediction and betting tips (June 7)
Tampa are one step closer to leveling the score in the East Finals. Will they win over the Rangers in the home match again to reach a 2-2 score in the series?
Steven Stamkos (Lightning) is the third best forward in his team in the play-offs
Steven Stamkos (Lightning) is the third best forward in his team in the play-offs

The Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers fixture in the East final of the 2021-22 NHL play-offs will take place on Sunday, 7 June 2022, starting at 12:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 7:00 p.m. by GMT. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa. The Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers (7 June 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers latest odds on betting sites

The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 49%. The New York Rangers come with the odds of 3.25 (+225; 9/4) to win a game in 60 minutes. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 31%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Lightning vs Rangers (7 June 2022):

  • Over 5.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Rangers — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 2.55 (+155; 31/20)

Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers match preview and statistics

The Tampa Bay Lightning came back against the New York Rangers (3-2) in the third match of the series.

Tampa played aggressively in the first period. They made 15 shots on target, but did not finish them successfully. The Tampa Bay Lightning completed 21 defensive actions, but won only seven out of 20 face-offs.

In the second period, the Tampa Bay Lightning showed a confident attack again. They made 18 shots on target and bagged one goal. The Lightning won 71% out of 17 face-offs in the period. In the 31st minute, Nikita Kucherov converted a power play opportunity to score a goal.

In the last period, Jon Cooper’s men absolutely dominated. They made 18 shots on target and did not concede a goal. Also, the Lightning won eight face-offs and completed eight interceptions. Steven Stamkos scored a goal to level the score in the 42nd minute. Ondrej Palat scored a winning goal in the last minute.

Palat, Vasilevsiy and Stamkos were first, second and third stars of the match, respectively. Tampa’s goaltender saved 93% out of 30 shots on target.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have scored three goals in power play in the series against the New York Rangers. They are priced with the odds of 1.65 (-154; 13/20) to score a goal in power play this time.

Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brayden Point — lower injury, Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.

The New York Rangers were defeated by the Lightning (2-3) in the last fixture.

The Rangers had a power play opportunity in the first period, but they did not convert it. They made 12 shots on target, but did not score a goal. The New York Rangers won 13 out of 20 face-offs.

In the second period, Gerard Gallant’s men played confidently. They made 12 shots on target and finished two of them successfully. Also, the Rangers completed 22 defensive actions, but won only five face-offs. Mika Zibanejad opened the score in the 28th minute. Chris Kreider converted a power play opportunity to score the second goal in two minutes.

The New York Rangers’ attack was destroyed in the last period. They were able to make only six shots on target and did not score a goal. Gerard Galland’s boys completed 28 defensive actions and won 10 face-offs.

Igor Shesterkin showed a fantastic play. He saved 49 out of 52 shots on target, but was not lucky to finish the match among the stars.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in four of the last five H2H matches. The same total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this game.

New York Rangers team news: Samuel Blais — knee injury.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers H2H

The New York Rangers played perfectly in the regular season. They won all three H2H matches against the Lightning. Gerard Gallant’s men completed 161 defensive actions. They won 82 face-offs and made 71 shots on target. The Rangers bagged 10 goals.

Tampa made 95 shots on target and finished four of them successfully. The Lightning completed 120 defensive actions and won 78 remaining face-offs.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers lineups and key players

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Steven Stamkos
  • Nikita Kucherov
  • Ondrej Palat

Steven Stamkos is the third best forward in his team in the play-offs. He has scored six goals and has made six assists. Stamkos finished the last match the third star with a goal and an assist.

New York Rangers projected starting lineup:

  • Igor Shesterkin
  • Adam Fox
  • Jacob Trouba
  • Artemi Panarin
  • Mika Zibanejad
  • Chris Kreider

Mika Zibanejad is the second best striker and the third best forward in the play-offs. He took part in both goals of the last game, but finished it with a -1 impact index.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Rangers predictions and betting tips

The Tampa Bay Lightning showed a great attack in the last game. They made overall 51 attempts to score and finished three of them successfully with two in power play. The Rangers defended well and finished the match with 71 defensive actions, but they did not create enough attempts to score.

A total of under 5.5 goals looks safe in this game. Both goaltenders are in good condition now. Andrei Vasilevskiy was the second star and conceded only two goals, which were scored in power play. Igor Shesterkin saved 94% of shots on target, which is a fantastic ratio. Also, the same total has played out in four of the last five H2H matches.

The New York Rangers have won only two of the last nine away matches. The Tampa Bay Lightning have great chances to level the score in the series.

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractions)

Betting prediction: The Tampa Bay Lightning to win (incl. OT)

Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractions)

Ice Hockey NHL . Eastern Conference Final. Game 4
Tampa Bay Lightning — New York Rangers
Won
Under 5.5 goals
1.85
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!