Olympic ice hockey 2022: Finland vs Switzerland prediction and betting tips (February 16)
Finland and Switzerland each have won three of the last six head-to-head matches. Who will qualify for the next stage?
Finland beat Sweden (4-3 OT) in the most recent game of the 2022 Olympics
Finland beat Sweden (4-3 OT) in the most recent game of the 2022 Olympics

The Finland vs Switzerland fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament will take place on Wednesday, 16 February 2022, starting at 08:40 a.m. GMT. The venue is National Stadium, Beijing. The Finland vs Switzerland (16 February 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Finland vs Switzerland latest odds on betting sites

Finland are priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 55%. Switzerland come with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 25%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Finland vs Switzerland (16 February 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Finland — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Switzerland — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)

Finland vs Switzerland match preview and statistics

Finland beat Sweden (4-3 OT) in the most recent game.

Both teams played passively in the first period. Both were two minutes in powerplay but Finland and Sweden made only eight and ten shots on target, respectively. Finland completed 16 defensive actions and won nine out of 12 face-offs but they did not score a goal in the period.

Sweden were more than 10 minutes in powerplay in the second period, that was the reason why they showed outstanding performance. They made 17 shots on target and finished three of them successfully, whereas Finland made only three shots. Lucas Wallmark scored the first goal in the 25th minute. Lukas Bengtsson and Anton Lander scored their goals in the 29th and 32nd minutes, respectively.

In the last period, we saw the opposite performance. Finland made 14 shots on target and completed seven defensive actions, whereas Sweden made only three shots on target. Teemu Hartikainen and Iiro Pakarinen scored their goals in powerplay in the 46th and 56th minutes, respectively. In the 18th minute, Iiro Pakarinen leveled the score. Harri Pesonen scored the last goal in the third minute of overtime.

Finland have scored three or more goals in the last six matches. The same outcome comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) this time.

Switzerland won over the Czech Republic (4-2) in the knockout play-offs to qualify for this stage.

Switzerland showed better play in the first period. They made nine shots on target and bagged two goals, whereas Czech Republic finished one out of five shots on target successfully. In the 11th minute, Lukas Klok scored the first goal. Andres Ambuhl leveled the score in the 15th minute. In the next minute, Killian Mottet scored his goal.

Czech Republic played aggressively in the next period but Switzerland completed 21 defensive actions and the Czechs did not score a goal. La Nati made five shots on target and scored one goal. In the 30th minute, Denis Malgin scored his goal in powerplay.

In the last period, Czech Republic attacked much better too. They made 12 shots on target but finished only one of them successfully because Switzerland completed 17 defensive actions. La Nati made four shots on target and bagged their goal. In the 55th minute, Rafael Diaz scored the fourth goal for Switzerland. Roman Cervenka stats scored the last goal in the next minute.

Finland vs Switzerland H2H

In the last H2H fixture, Switzerland won over Finland (3-2). They made 27 shots on target and won 25 out of 59 face-offs. Switzerland completed 46 defensive actions and scored two goals.

Finland attacked better. They made 34 shots and won 57% out of 59 face-offs. Finland completed 37 defensive actions in the match.

Finland vs Switzerland lineups and key players

Finland projected starting lineup:

  • Harri Sateri
  • Mikko Lehtonen
  • Juuso Hietanen
  • Sakari Manninen
  • Miro Aaltonen
  • Mikael Ruohomaa

Sakari Manninen is the second best forward in the 2022 Olympic hockey tournament. He scored three goals and made two assists in three matches.

Switzerland projected starting lineup:

  • Reto Berra
  • Santeri Alatalo
  • Christian Marti
  • Andres Ambuhl
  • Gregory Hofmann
  • Enzo Corvi

Enzo Corvi attacked well in this tournament. He scored a goal and made two assists. Enzo has scored six goals and has made 20 assists in the 2021-22 season.

Finland vs Switzerland predictions and betting tips

Finland performed perfectly in the group stage. The team now has a streak of six victories in all tournaments. The Lions were defeated by Switzerland in the last H2H fixture, but attacked well in spite of the final result. Finland’s roster looks much stronger. They will be able to win this match because their performance in this tournament was perfect.

La Nati have scored two or more goals in five of the last seven matches. Also, the same outcome has played out in five of the last six H2H fixtures against Finland. Switzerland finished successfully 22% of shots on target in the last match, which is a high ratio. I believe that they will score two or more goals.

A total of over 4.5 goals may play out due to the two previous predictors.

Betting prediction: Finland to win

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 4.5 goals

Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 1.5 goals by Switzerland

Odds: 1.65 (-154 American; 13/20 Fractional)

Finland — Switzerland
Won
Over 4.5 goals
1.60
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!