Olympic ice hockey 2022: ROC vs Czech Republic prediction and betting tips (February 12)
The ROC hockey team has won six of the last seven matches, with four victories being to nil. Also, they won a single H2H fixture against Czech Republic in the past. Is it another win for Russia?
Anton Slepyshev (Russia) has scored once and made 2 assists at the 2022 Winter Olympics
Anton Slepyshev (Russia) has scored once and made 2 assists at the 2022 Winter Olympics

The Russian Olympic Committee vs Czech Republic fixture in the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament will take place on Saturday, 12 February 2022, starting at 01:10 p.m. GMT. The venue is National Stadium, Beijing. The Russia (ROC) vs Czech Republic (12 February 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Russia (ROC) vs Czech Republic latest odds on betting sites

ROC are priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 54%. Czech Republic come with the odds of 3.80 (+280; 14/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 26%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for ROC vs Czech Republic (12 February 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 4.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 4.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on ROC — 2.35 (+135; 27/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Czech Republic — 1.55 (-182; 11/20)

Russia (ROC) vs Czech Republic match preview and statistics

ROC beat Denmark (2-0) in the Round 2 of the 2022 Olympic men’s ice hockey tournament.

Both teams played passively in the first period but Russia showed better performance. They made six shots on target and had two minutes in powerplay. Denmark made only three shots but completed 11 defensive actions and ROC did not score in the period.

The Russian Olympic Committee absolutely dominated in the second period. They played five minutes in powerplay and made 18 shots on target, whereas Denmark made only five shots on target and completed 22 defensive actions. In the 29th minute, Karnaukhov Pavel scored the first goal with Slepyshev Anton and Voronkov Dmitri’s support.

In the third period, both teams performed approximately equal. Denmark made eight shots on target, whereas ROC made nine and finished one of them successfully. In the last minute, Semyonov Kirill scored the second goal into an empty net.

A total of under 4.5 goals has played out in the last three matches with Russia participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) in this fixture.

Czech Republic beat Switzerland (2-1 SO) in the second round of the 2022 Olympic men’s ice hockey tournament.

In the first period, Czech Republic showed outstanding performance. They made 13 shots on target and completed 12 defensive actions. Switzerland made seven shots on target in this period and finished one of them successfully. Jiri Smejkal scored the first goal with Lukas Klok and Hynek Zohorna’s support in the fifth minute. In the ninth minute, Gaetan Haas leveled the score in powerplay.

Switzerland played a bit better in the second period but they did not score their goal. Czech Republic made nine shots on target and completed 18 defensive actions, whereas their rivals made 11 shots and were two minutes in powerplay.

Filip Pesan’s men showed a good performance in the last period but they did not score a goal. Czech Republic made 11 shots but Switzerland made five shots and completed 16 defensive actions. Switzerland did not score five bullets, whereas David Krejci converted a single bullet for Czechs.

We have seen a total of over 1.5 goals in the first period in six of the last eight matches with Czech Republic participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) this time.

Russia (ROC) vs Czech Republic H2H

Russia won over Czech Republic (4-3) in their single H2H fixture. They made 28 shots on target in three periods and finished four of them successfully. The Russian Olympic Committee completed 37 defensive actions in the match. Grigorenko Mikhail was the best player. He scored a goal and made an assist.

Filip Pesan’s men made 25 shots in this match and scored three goals. They completed 39 defensive actions.

Russia (ROC) vs Czech Republic lineups and key players

ROC projected starting lineup:

  • Ivan Fedotov
  • Nikita Zadorov
  • Nikita Nesterov
  • Mikhail Grigorenko
  • Dmitri Voronkov
  • Anton Slepyshev

Anton Slepyshev is the seventh best forward in the 2022 Olympic hockey tournament. He scored a goal and made an assist in two matches.

Czech Republic projected starting lineup:

  • Simon Hrubec
  • Libor Sulak
  • David Sklenicka
  • Jan Kovar
  • David Krejci
  • Roman Cervenka

David Krejci was a key player in the last game. He scored a single bullet to win the match. Also, David has scored 17 goals and has made 19 assists in the 2021-22 season.

Russia (ROC) vs Czech Republic predictions and betting tips

Russia are much stronger now. They won both previous rounds to nil at the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament. Also, ROC performed confidently in a single H2H match against Czech Republic and have won six of the last seven matches. Filip Pesan’s boys had a streak of eight victories before the most recent fixture, but I believe that Russia will win this match.

We have seen a total of over 1.5 goals in the first period in six of the last eight matches with Czech Republic participating. The same outcome has played out in their last H2H fixture against Russia. This outcome looks safe too.

Betting prediction: ROC to win

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 1.5 goals — 1st period

Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional)

ROC — Czech Republic
Won
Over 1.5 goals — 1st period
2.15
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!