Olympic ice hockey 2022: ROC vs Switzerland prediction and betting tips (February 9)
Russia have won four of the last five matches and won a single H2H fixture against Switzerland. Will ROC win their first fixture at the 2022 Olympic games?
Russian national ice hockey team has won 4 of the last 5 matches
Russian national ice hockey team has won 4 of the last 5 matches

The Russian Olympic Committee vs Switzerland fixture in the Round 1 of the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament will take place on Wednesday, 9 February 2022, starting at 08:40 a.m. GMT. The venue is National Stadium, Beijing. The Russia (ROC) vs Switzerland (9 February 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Russia (ROC) vs Switzerland latest odds on betting sites

ROC are priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 66%. Switzerland come with the odds of 5.90 (+490; 49/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 16%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.50 (+450; 9/2), which equals an approximate probability of 18%.

The latest odds for ROC vs Switzerland (9 February 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Russia — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Switzerland — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)

Russia (ROC) vs Switzerland match preview and statistics

ROC were defeated by Canada (1-2 OT) in the most recent fixture.

Both teams played passively in the first period. Russia made eight shots on target and did not finish them successfully, whereas Canada made six shots on target and did not score a goal too.

In the second period, ROC and Switzerland were approximately equal. Both teams made nine shots on target, but only Russia finished one of them successfully. Gerard Gallant’s men did not score a goal because their rivals completed 22 defensive actions. In the 35th minute, Evgeny Timkin scored the first goal.

We saw equal performances in the last period too. ROC made seven shots on target but they did not score a goal because Canada completed 18 defensive actions. Gerard Gallant’s boys finished successfully one out of seven shots on target. They leveled the score in the 46th minute. Andrew Mangiapane scored the last goal in the third minute of overtime.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in five of the last six matches with ROC participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) this time.

Switzerland beat Slovakia (3-2) in the last match.

La Nati did not perform well in the first period. They made only six shots on target and did not finish them successfully, whereas Slovakia made 11 shots on target and scored a goal. In the 12th minute, Milos Kelemen scored a goal with Peter Zuzin and Ivan Mihal’s support.

Both teams performed equally in the second period. Switzerland made nine shots on target, whereas Slovakia made 10 shots. Patrick Fischer’s boys completed 17 defensive actions and scored a goal. Denis Hollenstein leveled the score in the 35th minute.

Switzerland played a bit better in the third period. They finished successfully two out of 12 shots on target. La Nati scored one out of nine shots on target in the period. In the 41st minute, Denis Hollenstein scored one more goal. Then Milos Kelemen leveled the score in the 46th minute. Killian Mottet scored the last goal in the 57th minute.

We have seen a total of under 1.5 goals in the first period in three of the last four matches with Switzerland participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this game.

Russia (ROC) vs Switzerland H2H

Russia won over Switzerland (4-1) in their single head-to-head fixture. They made 26 shots on target in three periods and finished four of them successfully. Also, the Russian Olympic Committee completed 53 defensive actions. Sergey Tolchinsky scored two out of these four goals and made an assist.

Switzerland made 23 shots on target in the match and scored one goal. They completed 47 defensive actions.

Russia (ROC) vs Switzerland lineups and key players

ROC projected starting lineup:

  • Sergei Bobrovsky
  • Nikita Zadorov
  • Nikita Nesterov
  • Mikhail Grigorenko
  • Dmitri Voronkov
  • Anton Slepyshev

Mikhail Grigorenko has scored 18 goals and has made 15 assists in the 2021-22 season.

Switzerland projected starting lineup:

  • Reto Berra
  • Santeri Alatalo
  • Christian Marti
  • Andres Ambuhl
  • Denis Hollenstein
  • Sven Andrighetto

Sven Andrighetto has scored 15 goals and has made 18 assists in 40 fixtures of the 2021-22 Swiss-A.

Russia (ROC) vs Switzerland predictions and betting tips

ROC are much stronger than Switzerland. They easily won a head-to-head match. Also, they performed much better against strong rivals, whereas Switzerland have won only three of the last six matches in which La Nati played against Slovakia, Latvia and the second team of Russia. I believe that Russia will win this match easily.

Asian handicap (-1.5) on ROC looks safe. It has played out in four of the last five winning matches. Besides, I believe to see a total of under 5.5 goals in the match. It has played out in five of the last six matches with ROC participating and in the last four matches with Switzerland participating.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) on ROC

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)

ROC — Switzerland
Lost
Asian handicap (-1.5) on ROC
1.90
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!